Here’s the first part of this month’s UNCENSORED Podcasts Season 2.
Today’s topic: Aging.
This is a follow-up to this month earlier podcast about Silo Science, if you haven’t heard it yet, you can listen to it here: The Truth about Silo Science and Research Misinterpretation You See Online
Today John Barban and Brad Pilon discuss why Adonis Index is the only metric you really need to pay attention throughout your life.
It answers the fundamental questions ”How do I know I’m doing okay?“.
You don’t have to worry about healthy foods, cardio or any sort of the conventional stuff and just hoping it will make you healthier and help you live longer.
When men age, most experience a decline in testosterone production. The medical term is known as endropause. While there is still a heavy debate about the proper way to mitigate this loss, everyone agrees testosterone is linked to man’s vitality.
Several benefits of testosterone include positive impact on depression, joint health, bone density and it also works as a prevention for certain diseases.
Testosterone plays a key role in our lives, in both men and women. If you have a feeling like your life sucks right now, it can actually be that you have low testosterone, so it might be worth getting it checked and if necessary getting a therapy. Testosterone injections aren’t just for bodybuilders, they can be used health reasons as well.
However, even if your testosterone level is low, you might not need to inject yourself with anything, there might be something else going on…
Well, if you are overweight you might be accidentally limiting your natural production of testosterone in your body.
Why is that?
Because bodyfat is the enemy of testosterone, it decreases this hormone.
Today we will be discussing how big of a role this hormone plays in your body and how much it affects your day to day life.
We will also talk about how famous research studies’ are often misquoted in fitness media. Lastly, we will answer the question of whether testosterone has to naturally decline in older men or can it be prevented?
After listening to the podcast you will have a clear view of the role testosterone plays in your body, you will have metrics for measuring how well you age and you will also be able to answer these questions:
- Data from the studies come from a small group of people [yes or no]
- How well a man ages is not in fact related to testosterone [yes or no]
- Leanness and muscle mass in combination is great sign of aging well [yes or no]
- Large volume of food at one sitting decreases testosterone [yes or no]
- Weight training doesn’t help maintain testosterone levels [yes or no]
- There are more things besides training, eating less and maintaining the ideal shape that can help you age well [yes or no]
- Caring extra fat is just a matter of not looking your best, it’s not dangerous [yes or no]
- Bulking can work for everyone [yes or no]
- Testosterone is a healthy thing to inject into your body[yes or no]
- Anyone can get back in shape [yes or no]
- Drop in testosterone is directly causing depression, lack of libido and the lack of the youthful feeling [yes or no]